Saturday 24 May 2014

It's a small world

Thank goodness for modern technology.  I am still in awe of how easy it is for us today to reach the far corners of the earth with a simple click of a key.  This week is a perfect example.


My daughter had commissioned this pinwale jumper dress as a gift for one of her girlfriends who now lives in New York.



She returned to Sydney with her husband and adorable baby for a family visit a month or so ago and this week I received some delightful images from her back in New York. Don't you just want to squeeze those chubby little cheeks?


A couple of days ago I was contacted by a lovely customer in Italy who ordered this dress to be sent to Perth for a baby's first birthday.  It was mailed yesterday and the customer in Italy can follow its progress through Australia Post's tracking system.  Ten years ago none of this would have been possible.



Yesterday I finished this swing top and bubble shorts and I must say I was suitably chuffed with the results.  Oh, to be young enough to get away with such bold combinations.  They are currently available in my Etsy shop.

It's been a sad and nostalgic week.  On Monday I attended the funeral of my favourite teacher who had such an influence on my school days. Her motto was educate girls and you educate the nation.  She was a Poor Clare nun who held the girls in my class particularly close to her heart and we never lost contact.  She died at the grand age of 91 and the church was packed with students, ex-students, friends and family. Some of the girls from my era flew in from around the country, such was the love and respect felt for her.  What a wonderful life and it was a privilege to have known her.


No comments: