Saturday 11 January 2014

Bunnies on scooters

Sometimes it's hard not to smile when you see something which is whimsically adorable; and that was my reaction as soon as I opened the parcel of fabric which arrived before Christmas.


Vespas, bunnies and balloons - what sort of artistic mind would have conjured up such a delightful combination?  With Christmas now behind us, I was ready to start off the new year with renewed vigour, and so my bunnies came out, waiting to be transformed into a fun garment.


I couldn't go past my favourite jumper dress design.  Those bunnies would delight any toddler and with Easter looming on the horizon, it would make the perfect Easter dress.


It needed a highlight, so I added some aqua binding to the pockets.



Toddlers look so cute in peasant tops and I managed to find just the right shade to go with the binding on the dress pockets.


Voila!

You can find the outfit in my Etsy and Madeit shops in sizes 6 months to 3 years, made to order.


I have other designs in the pipeline, but more about them at another time.

No comments: